What Is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) Coverage?

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage is an optional form of auto insurance coverage, which can be added to your own insurance policy for only a few extra dollars on your premium. If you are injured in an accident by a negligent driver who is uninsured (no auto insurance at all) or underinsured (insufficient auto insurance to cover all of your damages), UM/UIM coverage, if selected on your auto policy, will pay you for your pain and suffering, wage loss, out-of-pocket expenses and unpaid medical bills.

The attorneys at DelVecchio and Miller LLC highly recommend that everyone purchase UM/UIM coverage in order to be adequately protected in the event of an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist. Once purchased, this coverage applies to you, as well as any family members living in the same household. It also applies whether you're a driver, a passenger, a pedestrian, or the victim of a hit-and-run.

Discuss Your Options At Your Free Initial Consultation

To schedule a free initial consultation call 412-434-1400 or email us.