Champions For Injured Pennsylvanians
- All forms of Personal Injury cases
Shawn Kressley devotes his legal practice to championing the rights of individuals who have been injured in accidents caused by the fault of others. He delivers dedicated and personalized representation to each and every one of his clients throughout Western and Central Pennsylvania.
Shawn has represented clients in a myriad of different personal injury cases during his career, including: car, motorcycle, pedestrian and trucking accidents; construction accidents; work-place accidents; product liability cases; insurance coverage disputes; slip-and-fall accidents; premises liability accidents; commercial property accidents; homeowner liability cases; and dog attacks. His extensive experience and legal acumen have allowed him to achieve successful outcomes for his clients in each of these areas.
Having well-informed clients is a pillar of Shawn’s practice. In his opinion, it plays a critical role in reaching a successful outcome in any personal injury case. He strives to ensure that his clients always understand and are prepared for the process they are involved in from the time they first retain the firm until their case has concluded. Most importantly, Shawn’s clients know that he will be available to them when they need guidance, have a question, or when they just want to discuss the status of their case.
Shawn began his career at a civil defense firm in Pittsburgh where he defended insurance companies and self-insured entities against personal injury lawsuits. This tenure allowed him to amass a wealth of experience and perspective into how insurance companies evaluate and defend claims for injuries. Frustrated by the fact that personal injury victims typically have the odds stacked heavily against them when dealing with insurance companies and other large businesses, Mr. Kressley chose to dedicate his law practice to exclusively representing injured victims.
Shawn is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the country. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of their clients. Less than 1% of all attorneys in the United States are members of this exclusive organization. Shawn has also been selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers every year since 2019, a designation that is limited to the top 2.5% of all eligible Pennsylvania attorneys.
Shawn serves on the board of governors for the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (WPTLA) and has been elected to the executive committee for that organization, currently serving as its Treasurer. He is also a regular contributor to the organization's quarterly legal publication, The Advocate.
Shawn lives in the Pittsburgh area with his wife and their golden retriever, Perry.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2010
- Honors: John Gismondi Civil Litigation Certificate
- Honors: Co-recipient of the 2010 Pro Bono Award from the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. - 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Marketing and Economics
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2010
- Hot Off The Wire , The Advocate
- Pennsylvania Rising Star
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocate’s Forum
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocate’s Forum
- The Wills Project- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association's Annual 5K Race for the Pittsburgh Steelwheelers
- Honorable Debbie O’Dell Seneca (ret.), President Judge of the Washington County Court of Common Pleas, Judicial Clerkship
- American Association for Justice, Advocate and Member, Present
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member, Present
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, Present
- Allegheny Bar Association, Member, Present