Were You Harmed By A Dog?
Being attacked by a dog is not only shocking, it can also cause severe injury. Dog owners are responsible for ensuring that their dogs do not cause harm to others. In Pennsylvania, a dog owners’ responsibility includes:
- Properly restraining the dog, even when on its own property (leash, chain, fence, etc.)
- Muzzling the dog
- Not permitting the dog to roam freely
- Keeping proper and constant control of the dog, especially when in public
Dog attacks and the dog bites that ensue can cause different types of injuries, including:
- Puncture/bite wounds
- Eye/facial injuries
- Permanent scars and disfigurement
- Head and neck injuries
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Rabies or other infections from the dog’s saliva
If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog in Pennsylvania, our lawyers at DelVecchio & Miller, LLC, can help determine your next best steps. To schedule your free initial consultation with an attorney at our Pittsburgh office, call 412-434-1400 or email us.