What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
You’re driving home from work, just blocks from home. But then, the driver of another car blows through a stop sign at the intersection. You are unable to stop in time, and your car collides with the other driver’s car. Now what do you do?
There are several steps you should take, and DelVecchio & Miller, LLC, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, aims to help you deal with them. An experienced personal injury law firm, we know that you have many questions after an accident, and we will do our best to answer them. Here are few:
- What should I do at the scene of an accident?
- Stop and secure the accident scene. If you or the other driver is hurt, call for medical assistance. Make sure to exchange names and insurance company information with the other driver. Document everything from the accident. Take notes and take photos of the accident scene. Seek any witnesses and get statements. Call the police. When talking with authorities, be thorough in the accident details.
- Is it in my best interest to contact an insurance company?
- Yes, it is, but only if it’s your insurance company. File a report with your insurance agent as soon as you can. However, do not talk to the other driver’s insurance company. This latter company only has the interests of the other driver.
- When should I contact an attorney?
- As soon as possible. An experienced personal injury attorney will assist you and protect your rights. We will advise you on your legal options, hire investigators, collect additional evidence and fight the other insurance company.
- What should I do with all this information?
- Please maintain a record file at home. This should include information such as the accident report, photos, name of the other driver, year and make of your car and the other driver’s vehicle, any medical reports if an injury occurred as well as names of witnesses and the statements that they made.
Our attorneys have 45 years of combined legal experience. Remember that we work on a contingency basis. You will not have to pay attorney costs or fees unless we win your case.
Top-Notch Legal Advice That’s Available Anytime
A car accident can change your life, especially if you sustain any injury. This is the time you need a seasoned, client-focused and effective law firm. DelVecchio & Miller, LLC, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, has represented hundreds of clients in personal injury cases. Our lawyers are available 24-7. For a free consultation, call us at 412-228-4541.